Adobe TV – faster, lighter, improved
Adobe TV is Adobe’s online TV network and it was launched approximately 19 month ago. Its aim is to provide a wide range of videos covering free tutorials, inspiration, tips & tricks, information about the latest Adobe products & services and much more.
But despite the fact that Adobe TV offers a large variety of videos about almost every product from Adobe, there were several complaints about the user experience, the loading time and the mess caused by the uploading of videos in a hurry, without categorizing them.
There for Bob Donlon, along with the team behind Adobe TV re-built the site’s architecture from scratch and used a new search engine. Launched at the end of August, the site has great new features that will surely stand up to Adobe standards:
- Loading speed is really quick
- Easier to search content and find the videos you want to see
- User customizable Home page
- You can have the shows that you like, to appear on Adobe TV homepage every time you come and visit the site
- Save the favorite videos to a “My Library”
- Share any video to your Facebook wall, Digg or other social networks directly from the site
- Subscribe to the RSS feeds of your favorite sh
- Pop-out video player to view videos at any size
- Commenting, Rating and Taging
This new interface gave me a boost to create an account and play a little with these improved features. They are really great, like a virtual agenda with only the important stuff highlighted. But it’s up to you if you want to give it a shot. You can find out more on the Adobe TV site and convince yourself.