Flash Camp Atlanta – 28th August 2009
- August 19, 2009
- Flash News
- Comments Off on Flash Camp Atlanta – 28th August 2009
Today I’m writing about a Flash event that’s happening at the end of this month. I presume that most of you already know what’s all about it. Flash Camp Atlanta 2009! It’s a one full-day event that’s taking place at the Georgia World Congress Center, downtown Atlanta on the 28th.
The Flash Camp is divided in two sessions according to the participants needs. So, if you are a newbie to the Adobe Flash Platform you will want to attend the special Introductory Session from 8 to 9am. This session will be an introductory guide for new developers, in aspects like Adobe Flex, AIR and Flash Builder. You need to have this basic information in order to comprehend the rest of the sessions that will come.
The second is the Main Session from 9am to 5pm. For a one-day Flash conference this session has a great speaker lineup. The group is made up from top industry experts on the Adobe Flash Platform from both inside and outside Adobe. They will be covering topics like: Flex 4, Flash Catalyst, Adobe AIR, User Experience in Rich Internet Applications, BlazeDS and much more. All the sessions have in common one theme: “Enabling the Convergence of Art & Science with the Flash Platform”.
Here is the speaker lineup and some of the sessions that were announced:
- Greg Wilson, Adobe – Keynote
- David Tucker, Universal Mind – ORM for the AIR Developer
- Jesse Warden – Custom Components in Flex 3 & 4
- Carl Smith, nGenWorks – It’s a Matter of Trust
- Leif Wells, Roundbox Global
- Doug Knudsen, Universal Mind – Data Retrieval with the Flex Framework
- Ben Stucki – The Art and Science of Rich Internet Applications
- Christian Saylor, Universal Mind – Whistle, Wink, Kiss…The Art and Science of Falling in Love
And even it’s a bit late for the early bird pricing, the tickets are still reasonably for a one-day conference packed with content. I assume that by now if you are at least near Atlanta and you aren’t signed up yet you will hit the link here for more information about this event and the prices.
It is a great chance for every new or advanced developer to learn new things, to exchange some knowledge and hints, and to make new friends with whom you have something great in common.