X-Treme Accordion XML
We are happy to announce you that Flashtuning supports the community by offering you free versions of its flash components. The freebies may have some limitations and don’t include the application source file, but you can easily configure them through the XML file.
Check the preview for the X-Treme Accordion XML (Actionscript 2):
- No Flash Knowledge required to insert the Accordion SWF inside the HTML page(s) of your site
- Fully customizable XML driven content
- Customizable width, height and item size
- View gallery images by using the thumb menu and left / right end arrows
- AutoPlay / Previous / Next with global or individual timer for each image
- Advanced effects for the description text, image zoom and panning effects
- …and more
How to use it
1. Download the FREE X-Treme Accordion XML and put all the files in the same directory. Now to insert the SWF file inside the HTML page(s) of your website copy / paste the following code in your HTML page(s) and adjust the
<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0" width="yourSWFWidth" height="yourSWFHeight" id="yourSWFName" align="middle">
<param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" />
<param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" />
<param name="movie" value="yourSWFURL" />
<param name="quality" value="high" />
<param name="bgcolor" value="#161718" />
<embed src="yourSWFURL" quality="high" bgcolor="#161718" width="yourSWFWidth" height="yourSWFHeight" name="yourSWFName" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" allowFullScreen="true" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />
#version=8,0,0,0 -> represents the minimum required Flash, can be 8, 9 etc.
yourSWFWidth -> a numeric value in pixels representing the width of your movie
yourSWFHeight -> a numeric value in pixels representing the height of your movie
yourSWFName -> represents the SWF file name (without the .swf extension)
yourSWFURL -> represents the URL location to the SWF file on your sever (eg: http://www.mysite.com/myflashfolder/myMovie.swf )
2. To configure the accordion general settings, like autoplay, menu width and height, border, use image panning, overshadow color and much more, open up the demo-settings.xml file. To adjust each item individually, you must open the demo-content.xml and modify image and text effects as you like.
3. If you want to specify a different XML configuration filename you can use FlashVars. Edit the HTML source file and go to the
Make sure you to add the FlashVars=”xmlFile=myXMLFile.xml” also to the < embed > tag.
If you want to use the accordion in a Flash project (FLA file needed) check out the commercial version available at FlashComponents.net.
You are free to use the files inside the FTAccordionXMLFree.zip in any project personal / commercial as long as you don’t try to hide Flashtuning logo located in the top left corner of the accordion. If you don’t want to have the logo, you must purchase the commercial package that is available on FlashComponents.net. If you want to use the accordion in multiple websites you’ll have to purchase a license for each website. Read more on the X-Treme Accordion XML page.