How To Create a Facebook Fan Page
If you want to create a Facebook Fan Page, you most probably have an account already and know a bit about the impact of social networks, Facebook included.
If you’re a business owner, an artist or a community supporter that wants to shift to Facebook to promote your brand or cause, then it’s better to create a Fan Page so you’re not limited to a certain number of friends. You can have an unlimited number of fans that you can interact with and all they have to do it hit the “Like” button at the top of your page.
Today I’m going to show you how you can set up your Facebook Fan Page easily. To start with, create a Facebook account if you don’t already have one. Profiles are different from pages and in order to create a page you need to have an account set up. Once you’re done, follow the simple steps below and you’ll get your page up and running in minutes.
Create a Facebook Fan Page
1. Open your Facebook account, scroll down on your wall until you reach the end of the page and click on “Create a Page” or, better yet, click on this link to take you there directly.
2. You will find here six different boxes, depending on the type of page you want to create: “Local Business or Place,” “Company, Organization, or Institution,” “Brand or Product,” “Artist, Band, or Public Figure,” “Entertainment” and “Cause or Community.” Click on the one that best fits you, fill in the information required, click to agree with Facebook’s terms and conditions and then click on the Get Started button.
3. Next you will be asked to upload a profile picture. You can upload it now or at a later time by choosing “Change Profile Picture”. Being that it’s a Fan Page, the maximum size allowed for the profile picture is 180w x 540h pixels. Take advantage of it to include a great tagline about your business or a graphic element to make it more attractive.
4. You page is now created but there are a lot of things you need to do before you’re finished. So, go ahead and click on “Edit Page” to add further details about your business.
5. Click on each tab to add information about your business, your website, where you’re located and so on. Don’t miss these steps because users won’t trust you at all if you don’t provide at least the minimum information about your business.
6. If you have a blog, you can also publish your posts to Facebook. Click on “Import a blog” and enter the RSS feed link to import all your posts to Facebook.
7. Create a custom tab to encourage people to become fans. Facebook allows you to use iFrame apps to create an attractive Welcome tab. Here is an example (I will show you more creative welcome tabs in a future post).
8 – Now that you’ve completed all steps, click on the “View Page” button to see how your Fan Page looks like. You can always go back and edit the information, customize the layout or add other tabs from “Edit Settings”.
Do you have a Facebook Fan Page? Show it off in a comment below. We’d love to see it.