X-Treme Dock Menu XML FREE
We are happy to announce you that Flashtuning supports the community by offering you free versions of its flash components. The freebies may have some limitations and don’t include the application source file, but you can easily configure them through the XML file.
Check the preview for the X-Treme Dock Menu XML (Actionscript 2):
- No Flash Knowledge required to insert the Dock Menu SWF inside the HTML page(s) of your site
- Fully customizable XML driven content
- Unlimited number of images / swf support
- Customizable width, height, position and item size
- AutoPlay ( AutoScroll ) with global or individual timer for each image
- Both horizontal and vertical menu orientation support
- Dynamic image reflection with transparency, distance and direction settings
- Image ToolTips with automatic text wrapping, font embedding, background and border color / size support
- …and much more
How to use it
1. Download the FREE X-Treme Dock Menu XML and put all the files in the same directory. Now to insert the SWF file inside the HTML page(s) of your website copy / paste the following code in your HTML page(s) and adjust the
<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0" width="yourSWFWidth" height="yourSWFHeight" id="yourSWFName" align="middle">
<param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" />
<param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" />
<param name="movie" value="yourSWFURL" />
<param name="quality" value="high" />
<param name="bgcolor" value="#161718" />
<embed src="yourSWFURL" quality="high" bgcolor="#161718" width="yourSWFWidth" height="yourSWFHeight" name="yourSWFName" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" allowFullScreen="true" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />
#version=8,0,0,0 -> represents the minimum required Flash, can be 8, 9 etc.
yourSWFWidth -> a numeric value in pixels representing the width of your movie
yourSWFHeight -> a numeric value in pixels representing the height of your movie
yourSWFName -> represents the SWF file name (without the .swf extension)
yourSWFURL -> represents the URL location to the SWF file on your sever (eg: http://www.mysite.com/myflashfolder/myMovie.swf )
2. To configure the dock menu general settings, like autoplay, menu width and height, border, use tooltips and much more, open up the dock-settings.xml file. To adjust each item individually, you must open the dock-contents.xml and modify image and text effects as you like.
3. If you want to specify a different XML configuration filename you can use FlashVars. Edit the HTML source file and go to the
Make sure you to add the FlashVars=”xmlFile=myXMLFile.xml” also to the < embed > tag.
If you want to use the dock menu in a Flash project (FLA file needed) check out the commercial version available at FlashTuning.net.
You are free to use the files inside the FTDockMenuXMLFree.zip in any project personal / commercial as long as you don’t try to hide Flashtuning logo located in the bottom left corner of the dock menu. If you don’t want to have the logo, you must purchase the commercial package that is available on FlashTuning.net. If you want to use the dock menu in multiple websites you’ll have to purchase a license for each website. Read more on the X-Treme Dock Menu XML page.